Methylated Spirits (Meths) 4L
Meths – Purple Methylated Spirits – Widely used Industrial Grade Denatured Alcohol used in all applications requiring a coloured industrial grade alcohol which can tolerate a small amount of water. Methylated Spirits is a clear purple, primary, aliphatic alcohol, with a mild non-residual odour and is miscible with most hydrocarbon solvents and chemicals. A concentration of >60% Ethanol is antibacterial.
Methylated Spirits (Meths) Common Uses
- Cleans surfaces & floors, sterilising medical and dental instruments and domestic cleaning.
- Glass cleaner – Dilute 1 part Meths with 5 parts water.
- Cleaning wooden floors – Dilute 1/2 cup of Meths with 8 litres of warm water.
- Removes vivid/ink from some painted surfaces.
- Clean burning BBQ starter fuel and fuel for some camping equipment.
- Used in the manufacture of many ethanol cleaning products and cleaning compounds