Zinsser Coverstain Primer-Sealer
Cover Stain is a high-performance general purpose oil-based undercoat/primer-sealer/stain blocker/bond coat that has the exceptional and unique feature of being fast drying with outstanding adhesion and stain-blocking ability.
Can be used for interior and exterior for walls, doors, trim, panelling, siding, and window frames – any surface where a fast-drying, high hiding, high adhesion undercoat is required.
Coverstain can also be used over any water or solvent based architectural paint
- Priming Interiors – Use to prime previously coated drywall, cured plaster and masonry, spackled areas, ceiling tiles, wood or metal doors, windows, cabinets, plywood, glossy paints, clear finishes etc
- Priming Exteriors – Cover Stain has excellent flexibility and penetration, making it ideal for full surface application to exterior siding and trim.
- Sealing – Cover Stain seals unpainted or porous surfaces so topcoats have better coverage. Ideal for wood – Cover Stain fills and binds wood fibres creating excellent ‘enamel holdout’
- Stain Blocking – One coat will effectively block stains including water, nicotine, ink, graffiti, crayon, marker, rust and smoke stains so they won’t bleed into the topcoat. Some severe stains may require a second coat.
- Glossy Surfaces – Glossy enamel paint and clear finishes, ceramic tile, panelling, cabinets and metal surfaces can be primed without sanding or de-glossing
- Over Wallpaper – Cover Stain may be used to prime existing, soundly adhered non-porous wallcoverings to hide patterns and dark colours prior to painting
- Cedar & Redwood Bleed – Cover Stain is formulated to contain tannin bleed in the primer film, preventing it from appearing in the finish coats. two coats may be required on very porous surfaces under waterbased or light coloured top coats
- Coverage 9.8 square metres per litre (coverage may vary depending upon method of application and surface porosity)
- Dry Time At normal temperatures Cover Stain will be touch dry in 30 minutes and can be re-coated after one hour. Apply topcoat within 30 days.
- Clean-Up Mineral Turps
Available in convenient aerosol cans, 1L and 3.75L tins