Zinsser B-I-N Primer-Sealer
B-I-N is a high performance, white pigmented, shellac-based primer-sealer/stain-blocker/bond coat that combines the convenience of fast dry time with outstanding adhesion and the best stain-blocking power available.
B-I-N is formulated to adhere to adhere to almost any surface including glossy enamel paints and clear finishers, glass, ceramic tile, metal, Formica, and MDF
The solvent in B-I-N has a mild and quickly dissipating odour, making it suitable for use in non-occupied spaces in hospitals and schools. Ideal for use in retail shops, walk-in refrigerators, food processing plants, restaurants and residential dwellings
This multi-purpose shellac based primer-sealer can be used over any or under any oil or water based architectural paint and is the industry standard for where fire damage or water damage is present
- Priming Interiors – Use as a full surface primer on drywall, cured plaster, filled areas, ceiling tiles, wood or metal doors, windows, cabinets, plywood, panelling, glossy paints or clear finishers, and other paintable interior surfaces
- Spot Exterior Priming – Great for spot priming over knots, sap streaks, rust stains, copper screening stains etc. Where larger areas of exterior stain blocking is required use Zinsser Coverstain
- Sealing – B-I-N seals unpainted or porous interior surfaces so topcoats have better coverage. Ideal for wood, new cured plaster, concrete and concrete block, stucco, drywall, joint compound, uncoated wallcoverings and other porous surfaces. Due to its excellent enamel holdout B-I-N is an ideal base coat for any type of faux or decorative paint finish. Note that very porous surfaces may require two coats.
- Odour Sealing – B-I-N effectively seals all types of odours including musty mould, odours from fireplace and furnace puff-backs, moth repellents, pet urine and residual odours from flood and fire damage
- Stain Blocking – One coat of B-I-N effectively blocks water stains, mould stains, crayon, ink, graffiti, grease spots, lipstick, interior cedar and redwood tannin bleed, rust and other types of stains. Some stains may require a second coat.
- Fire damage – Zinsser B-I-N is the industry standard for the sealing of the odours and stains associated with fire damage. B-I-N is the only product that will permanently seal in the powerful residual odour from fire damage
- Coverage 12.5 square metres per litre. Coverage will vary depending on method of application and surface porosity
- Dry Time At normal temperatures B-I-N will be touch dry in 15 minutes and can be re-coated after 45 minutes
- Clean-Up Methylated Spirits
Available in convenient aerosol cans, 1L and 3.75L tins