Petzl Rig Compact Self-braking Descender
- Designed for rope access work (expert users only)
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
– unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
– position himself at the work station without having to tie off the device
- The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user
- Handle storage position reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness.
- The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Lowers heavy loads up to 200 kg (only for expert users; more information on this technique in the technical advice at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two Colours: yellow and black
- Min. rope diameter: 10.5 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11.5 mm
- Weight: 380 g
- Certifications: EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
|Rope compatibility||10.5 to 11.5 mm||10.5 to 11.5 mm|