Moss & Mould Cleaner 4L
A concentrated outdoor cleaner for moss, mould & mildew. Spray or brush on and walk away. Restores to a clean new appearance. Improves safety. Slow release product that takes 1-14 days to work.
How Does Moss and Mould Killer Work and how is it different to bleach?
Moss & Mould Killer is the ideal product for the removal of moss and mould from any exterior surface. Simply spray or brush on and leave nature to do the rest. Every time the surface becomes wet, Moss & Mould Killer will continue to safely clean the area by targeting the mould.
Bleach – with the active ingredient sodium hypochlorite and similar ‘instant results’ products containing the same ingredient or vinegar only remove the unsightly surface mould. Then as it dries quickly and is easily diluted with rain water, the mould soon returns. Moulds reproduce and multiply through small spores, and these spores may remain airborne indefinitely and may cling to clothing or fur. When the same damp conditions return – so can the mould.
Bleach is only effective if the mould is growing on non-porous materials such as tiles, bathtubs, glass and countertops. As bleach cannot penetrate into porous materials such as wood, concrete, bricks and pavers it does not come into contact with mould growing beneath the surface. The mould quickly regrows and the area needs repeat treatment soon after. Bleach is a harsh, corrosive chemical that can damage the materials it’s used on. Surrounding areas and vegetation also need to be protected from the bleach’s harmful effects. Chlorine bleach also gives off harsh fumes and it even produces toxic gas when mixed with ammonia.
How does our Moss & Mould Killer work? The product contains a biocide which kills the mould over time. Ingredients including Benzalkonium Chloride (or dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride) will not evaporate, as the specially formulated surfactants prevent the product drying out and washing away. Instead the water reactivates the product – continuing the clearance of mould and preventing any further regrowth. It’s safe and biodegradable formulation enables it to be used easily and with confidence.
- ADD five parts water to one part CONCENTRATE in a pump sprayer or sprinkling can and mix well.
- SPRAY or BRUSH on dry or wet surface, then allow to DRY.
- RINSE over spray from foliage.
- After use clean sprayer with water.
- Don’t hose or water blast after applying as this will wash the product off. Simply spray and walk away – allow the product to work.
- When mixed using 1 part concentrate to 5 parts water Ratio, 1 litre of mixed product cleans up to 10 sq metres on concrete surfaces and 20 sq metres of non-porous surfaces.
- Note for stubborn areas with developed mold and lichen use a 1 part concentrate to 2 parts water Ratio.